I Dream of Houses...

I remember my early days in Real Estate, where I was building my business, working 80+  hours per week and showing house after house after house.  My husband would tell me when we woke up in the mornings that I'd been talking in my sleep, giving house tours!  I specifically remember one morning he woke me up laughing, asking me to tell him more about the "cute ranch with the fireplace and the sunroom!"

I can't help it.  I LOVE houses.  I still dream about them.  Only now I sometimes dream about houses I create in my dreams.  There's a beach house that keeps coming back, and recently in my dreams I saw a rustic almost-tree house overlooking water & mountains in the Pacific Northwest.  I can't help but wonder if these places exist and if one day I'll walk in and recognize them…

This is probably one of the many reasons why I love to rent houses, villas, and flats when we travel.  I put a lot of thought & research into what I want in a home, especially a vacation one, so that it becomes a wonderful part of the memory of place.  Life is too short to make it anything but wonderful, right?  Here are just a few of the places we've been fortunate to call home while away…









There's nothing like really putting yourself in situ to get the feel of a neighborhood, shopping at the local market, eating at the local pub and strolling in the local parks…

I'm searching for homes to call home again right now.  I look for local rental or letting agencies, which I find from reading local papers or magazines online, and I've also had great luck with www.homeaway.com, or getting recommendations from friends.  There are several home exchange websites to check as well, as some of them have listings where the owners are willing to rent instead of just exchanging.

A lot of people also come to me to ask advice on travel with children and renting properties abroad.  I'm happy to chat if you're looking for help!  Just leave a comment below.

Comments